Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mental Health

Hal writes:

This year UWP hosted a UW-System training for hall directors. We gathered with UW-Green Bay, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Milwaukee, UW-Stout, UW-Parkside, etc., etc., etc. The topics we covered were about mental health. There has been a large increase in the number of students coming to college with mental health issues that we as RDs have to be prepared to deal with in a variety of capacities. Pictured below are the UW-Platteville RDs.


I was able to catch up with some friends during the conference: Jenni (former Wartburg RA, now a UW-Oshkosh grad), Heather (UW-Stout), and a lot of time with Jim (former WIU classmate, UW-Oshkosh). Jim and I were able to spend some time chatting the evening before. And in most exciting news, I have the honor of being an usher in Jim and Krista's wedding this next June!

Although Anna and I were not able to have a bonfire when we were up north (on account of the fire hazards) some RDs gathered for a bonfire and smores just for the fun of it. Pictured below is Anna and RD Jen.

No comments: