As Hal is busy with RD training, I have been entertaining myself in our apartment. Everyday is an adventure, as I never know if today they'll be testing fire alarms, turning off the water, re-piping the bathroom, inventorying furniture, or a myriad of other tasks that need to be done. Needless to say, all of the interruptions have made it difficult to truly settle in. We're are about as unpacked as we're going to get, I think, because this apartment is a bit smaller than the previous and we've resigned ourselves to just leaving some things packed until we eventually buy a house of our own (What a wonderful day that will be!!).

I've also been entertaining myself by cooking a lot. I enjoy baking a lot... And yesterday I tried a new recipe, Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake, that turned out to be PHENOMENAL. I'll share it with you here....
1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding in the mix
1 large (5.9oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
3 cups (18oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1/2 cup whipping cream
Combine first 5 ingredients and mix with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched (a toothpick inserted may not come out clean). Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth. Let stand 15 minutes. Drizzle chocolate glaze over cake. Let cake stand 1 hour before serving.
This was probably the BEST cake I have ever made. I hope you try it! You won't be disappointed!
The recipe came from the cookbook "Southern Living, Easy Weeknight Favorites," which we received as a wedding gift. I highly recommend the cookbook as well, Hal and I have enjoyed every recipe that we've made out of it and all the recipes take less that 30 mins of preparation.
5 comments:
Yum, that looks good. My butt is getting bigger already.
I am making this for my RAs tonight (in mini bundt cakes) I'll let you know how it turns out.
-Molly
Holy richness..... I tasted it without the frosting - very moist. I will be serving it with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for the recipe. -Molly
i licked the screen and got a shock. dang it! one week, till i can come hunt y'all down and hug you. I may have sand between my antlers.
Looks awesome! Anna you need to email me I miss you!!!!!!
Post a Comment