Monday, August 14, 2006

Last free weekend

Hal writes:

This past weekend was my last free weekend before the students begin arriving. My Senior Assistant arrives tomorrow and the Resident Assistants come this weekend. On Saturday Anna and I went with RDs Kelly, Jen, and Trapper to Governor Dodge State Park. There was a little hiking to begin with, but mostly enjoying the beach area and talking about anything but work. I only took two pictures of a view from a scenic outlook, but it was nothing spectacular, so I won't take the time to post it.

Yesterday Anna and I went shopping in Dubuque and Anna got a new pair of glasses. If she will let me, I'll take a close up of her in her styling frames.

Today I found out that the new swipe card access to the building will not be ready for this weekend. That means I have my first twenty residents coming and we have to use our back up plan which involves handing out temporary keys. Thus begins my journey of imperfection as I open the new residence hall.

Ok, time to go cheer on the Vikings in their first preseason football game. I'm hoping my buddy Ryan Hoag gets some good reps in and makes the team this year.

1 comment:

Kevin Bergeson said...

Dubuque is for ninnies. I hope Ryna makes it as well, we need more Gusties representing on the field. I'm ready for my close up, Mr. Director! Good luck, Hal and Anna.