Hal writes:
Friday afternoon we drove to Waverly where Anna will be on internship this summer. The apartment is a loft style on Main Street. Unfortunately, it is overlooking the back alley and not the scenic side of the building. It is nice and clean, but no furniture. (Special thanks to Matt and Kim for loaning their air mattress until some other option can be found.) Tonight Anna is packing up everything she needs, but if she forgets something she can get it when she comes home on the weekends. When we were in the area, we stopped to see friends at Wartburg College where Hal worked for two years and Windcove where Anna worked for a year.
Today was a rainy and cold day, but since Anna is leaving tomorrow we felt the need to do something out of the apartment. We looked at community events in the surrounding areas, but with the rain it didn't look like many were going to happen. We ended up going to the Grotto in Dickeyville, WI. A priest spent 5 years in the 1930s creating his tribute to God and Country in hopes that it would be a must see American destination. It did not become that big of a destination, but since we live in the area now, we have to take advantage of the opportunity. Every time I move from a community (St. Peter, Macomb, Waverly) I feel like I didn't take the time to look around as much as I should. Since we are going to be here for at least two more years I have some time to explore this area.
The Abundant Life
-
An article I wrote about summer, busyness, and the abundant life that Jesus
intends for us.
10 years ago
2 comments:
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment