Hal writes:
Tomorrow we receive our summer assignments for the department, and with that comes summer hours. As an RD, it might be difficult to adjust to a 7:30am - 4:00pm type of schedule, but I should adjust after a week. Today a few of the RDs had a picnic in the green space between a set of four residence halls known as "the block". Hillary and Nolan's baby John Ryan joined us as well, but preferred to nap on a blanket. I finished off what was left over from my staff having their last dinner together (last Friday). I think I got a little sunburned, my Scandinavian skin needs to get used to seeing the sun again.
I am not yet 100% Wisconsin resident. I still have yet to get WI license plates to replace the Iowa ones on the PT Cruiser. There is a long, drawn out story about me getting in the middle of a WI vs. IA state war about getting my title across state lines so I can get the plates. The short version is, I'm going to refinance my auto loan in WI so Iowa is forced to send the title across state lines. Please people, it can't be this difficult, I'm not the first person to move from Iowa to Wisconsin.
UWP Housing staff is now complete, we hired a tenth RD. To celebrate, Team S will have a hot tub party with sophisticated adult beverages (we're sharing a box of wine).
The Abundant Life
-
An article I wrote about summer, busyness, and the abundant life that Jesus
intends for us.
10 years ago
2 comments:
Wisconsin is for people who have no place to go....I'm only kidding! I'm sure there are nice things there. Just let me know when you find out what they are!
Hope all is well...You can always come visit the sister in Chicago. I will take your box of wine and raise you a case of high life!
Love you both
Linds
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment