Monday, May 22, 2006

Two films

Hal writes:

It's not very often that I go to see a movie in the theater, but yesterday I had the opportunity to see two films. Anna and I went to see The Da Vinci Code before she went back to Waverly. Later that evening I went with Matt and Kim, Jen, and Stef (thanks for buying my ticket!) to see Stick It.

After having read The Da Vinci Code, I knew that there would be sub plots and other aspects of the story edited out, but it still stayed true to the story line. Anna has not read the book yet, but plans to, so I will be curious to hear how she views the film after reading the book. By the way people, if you are caught up in the hoo-ha of protests, it says "fiction" on the book jacket. Plus, if I remember correctly, in the dialogue of supposedly brilliant scholars, one refers to Eve when talking about sacred symbolism of the feminine deity. It talks about "Eve talking the apple". In a book so rich with going beyond stereotypical definitions (for example, taking the time to explain that the Wickin star is actually a combined male and female symbol) one should know that Eve ate "fruit" and not an "apple" if you are translating correctly. So, that is just one reason why I believe this to be a work of fiction, any true scholar would know that.

Oh, where to begin with Stick It. Let's start with the opening credits where the music manifested some dancing from Jen, Stef, and Kim. (Matt and I declined.) There were only two others in the theater besides us. The story line was what I expected and it is by no means a good film, but when I'm with fellow ENFJs, the movie provides for some fun laughs and random commentary. What else would you expect from the creator of "Bring It On"?

5 comments:

Tamara B said...

hal, I didn't know the cover says "fiction". I have heard talk about that though and I think it was added after some major scrutiny. I didn't read the book but did listen to the abriged version on cd. Interesting book but definitely false. The problem is that it begins by saying FACT which can mislead many who are not standing on solid ground! Okay, I miss you guys and wanna see you soon (like this year)!

Hal and Anna said...

Tammy,

Here is some Q+A from the authors web site:

http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/faqs.html

His first line states, "The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction".

Hal

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»