Anna has completed her two month internship in Indiana. This last week she was able to come home and spend time with me. Concerned with the amount of weight that I had lost during her absence (I said it was a combination of XC skiing and being in mourning for her) she proceeded to cook a number of meals for me and our friends this past week. Shrimp and coos coos, pasta with pesto and chicken, pot roast with potatoes and carrots, salads with no less than five different dressings to choose from... yum! The picture above is Anna preparing the angel food cake that we had with strawberries and whip cream. I think her favorite part of the weekend was when she had all four burners in addition to the oven going as she prepared the shrimp and coos coos. In addition to cooking Anna completed a number of "to do" items in preparation for graduation (and taking her boards) this May during her week off. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't have to work! ;)
Anna has left again for her next two month clinical internship in Duluth and will be staying with my parents (again). She stopped to see her family in Shell Lake on the way north and was able to see some high school classmates that were having a wedding shower for her friend Sarah this weekend.
This weekend I was at OPE (Oshkosh Placement Exchange) and was able to see a lot of friends. It's a small student affairs world after all. I have a couple of pictures, but I took them on one of the university cameras I brought with and it's in my office, so I will put those up later this week.
So, for those of you with Facebook, you know that there are plenty of applications to add. I decided to add the virtual bookshelf that indicates what books I am reading, have read, or intended to read. Not wanting to spend hours trying to remember all the books I have read, I simply put up the last six that I read plus the book I am currently reading (The Gift of Pain by Paul Brand). The only time I have had to read recently is at night and only one or two chapters before I fall asleep, so the book has been on my "currently reading" list for a few days. Well, I got an e-mail from the Facebook application asking if I had forgotten to move it to the category that would indicate that I have completed reading it. This humoured me because it made me feel unintelligent. "Um, excuse me, slow reader? Are you done with that book yet? Or do you not know how to use this application correctly?" Back off! I'll let you know when I'm done with it... ;) And yes, I highly recommend this book to everyone.
2 comments:
Post a Comment