Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break: Happy Easter!

Hal writes:

Happy Easter! We woke up to a blanket of snow covering everything. A little off for Easter weather, but quite symbolic in regards to the bright white that covers all that is part of the Easter message. Put as Pastor Dennis mentioned this morning, we won't have an Easter this early for another 220 years, so I'm guessing that since I won't live that long there will be more April (non-snowy) Easter's in my future. Here are a couple of pictures from the snow.


Coming back to your home town church is always interesting. Some people have not changed (primarly older members of the congregation who have looked the same the past 20 years) and then those who have. A few of my high school classmates were there, many with children of their own. I tired to hold my friend Rachel's daughter Aili, but Aili would have none of that and would rather stay in mom's arms. And then there were those sweet "little ones" that are now high school punks (which I say in jest). What is it about playing hockey that allows a tenth grader to have more facial hair than I do?
This is the first Easter in a while that we have not celebrated with Anna's family in Indiana. Anna thinks this is the third Easter that she has missed being with her family. It just couldn't work for us to drive all the way from Duluth to Indiana and back with Anna not having any days off.
On Friday I was able to spend some time with my friend Lauren. She is back in the Duluth area after enduring a bad accident while in Ethiopia. You can read about her story in an article in today's Duluth News Tribune or you can read about her first hand experience working with the women in Addis through her blog.


Notice that my legs are longer than her crutches that I am holding.

No comments: