Sunday, October 01, 2006

Secrets of the Alchemist Dar

Hal writes:

I am once again a Treasure Hunter. Secrets of the Alchemist Dar was released this weekend and I got my copy on Saturday. This is the second book by Michael Stadther that doubles as both a children's story and an actual treasure hunt. This time, there are 100 prizes to claim, each one a jeweled ring ranging from $5,000 to $1,000,000 in value.

The last two years I was working with his first book, "A Treasure's Trove". I was initially skeptical about real tresure to be found (the first hunt had 12 prizes) until the first prize was discovered in Iowa (where I was living at the time of discovery). After that, I attempted to solve the hidden puzzles and find treasure. At one point I almost had my dad and my brother in law Brian go with me to a state park just outside of Las Vegas to look for treasure. (I ended up being wrong, but my answer seemed reasonable at the time.)

Although this next treasure hunt has more prizes to be won (100 instead of 12) it also will prove to be more challenging. When you find out the solutions, they seem much more obvious than when you did not know what you were looking for. This time, there is not as big of a hint given to start the game as there was for the first hunt.

If anyone is interested in comparing notes, purchase the book and I can start sharing theories with you. I want to find treasure!

No comments: