Saturday, February 02, 2008

Dodgeball

Hal writes:

Finally some Dodgeball pictures made it on to Facebook. During RA mid-year training I was in charge of the evening social activity I reserved our athletic area to play Dodgeball, Basketball, and Volleyball. (People could also walk around the track and chat or watch a movie in one of the classrooms if they were not interested in althletic competitions.)

The method of getting these pictures on my blog is a method my colleagues and I have dubbed "Faceburglaring". This is where, if you are in need of a photo for some, you copy and past or save a photo from Facebook. The problem is, the quality of photos is not good when you do this, so the images are not clear in the photos below.

Here we have the RD team (with one extra guest, the guy with the beard is one of the RD's fiance). Don't we look intimidating? RAs lined up to face off against us in groups of 11. It was so fun, we played for two hours straight without realising how much time has past. But, we did need an update on the "rules" as some things had changed since the RDs placed this game in grade school. (i.e. "Headshots" are now legal whereas that would get you in trouble in elementary school.)

This pose I am employing in this picture is "Couching RD, Hidden Dodgeball". My signature move was to put a Dodgeball up the back of my shirt when the other team wasn't looking and wait for the opportune moment to unleash a pseudo-powerful throw. Although it worked a few times, this move is considered illegal in a formal Dodgeball game.

Why am I smiling? Because I've been smacked with Dodgeballs all night and my arm is sore from throwing the Dodgeballs? No, I'm smiling because I get paid to do silly things like this.

No comments: