Tuesday, October 30, 2007

House on the Rock

Hal writes:

I had plans to visit the House on the Rock before I left this area of Wisconsin. Last weekend Trapper and I did not have anything to do, so we plunked down some money for the "ultimate tour" which was four hours of hiking around an interesting house that had some interesting collections. What else can I say? It was interesting. And in case you were wondering, Anna was with classmates at a national conference in Valley Forge, PA, but she didn't want to go on this trip anyways.

Here is Trapper and I near one of the flower pots outside.

The house was pretty dark and there were a lot of unusual things, but nothing that really said, "Hey, take a picture of me, I'm photo worthy!" But I did have my picture taken in the chair that tests your sense of humor. It turns out I'm hilarious.

There was a jackalope in the bathroom!


So, this is my first attempt at trying to upload some video from my camera. If this works for you, you get to see ten seconds of the world's largest carousel. If not, then you will just have to visit the house yourself.




3 comments:

Jeff and Heidi said...

I have been there and I think the best word for it is interesting - I completely agree with you!
~Heidi

Anonymous said...

It's something that everyone should see ONCE... But I'll never go back again... One of the same thing is fine but 20 of the same thing is CRAZY... It almost sucked the life right out of me... You also picked a good time of the year to go ~ not alot of tourists ~ like senior citizen buses with senior citizens all have one color sailor hats on so they can find each other... H & A NEVER let me get old... At least don't make me wear a red sailor cap & send me on a bus to House On The Rock... Thanks... Mom

Anonymous said...

I believe that whoever "Mom" is should take a more unbiased view of the world and enjoy the impressive collections that someone has put together. And I think she should get a red sailor hat for Christmas so she can be reminded,daily, that she should be nice to older people....for one day Hal and Anna will put her little red sailor hat on her head and send her out the door!