Sunday, October 21, 2007

Letterboxing weekend

Hal writes:

My 3-day weekend (Friday was fall break) consisted of watching some movies and going on some adventures. Anna and I watched "The Holiday" and while she babysat for a professor, I was able to watch Casino Royale for the first time.

On Friday we went on a couple letterboxing adventures. The first one was supposed to be in a park outside of Potosi, WI, but as you can see from the picture below, my searching did not find the whereabouts of said box.


I was more lucky in Governor Dewey Nelson State Park. This is the first time I have actually found the letterbox. Usually I like to read the directions which leaves other people in the group more opportunity to see it before I can.

A picture of Anna and I overlooking the Mississippi from the top of the state park.


This week also feels like a short week coming up. Wisconsin students have Thursday and Friday off, so I am spending those days helping the Admissions office through tours of the halls and answering questions about Housing. My favorite part is that I get to spend some time in the morning giving a brief presentation about housing to all the prospective students and family members.

1 comment:

Jeff and Heidi said...

Jeff went geocaching a couple of weeks ago...letterboxing seems fun though. I looked up more information about it and there is one on my campus...I think I am going to go try to find it!
~Heidi