Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy 10th anniversary.

Hal writes:

This weekend marks the 10th anniversary of my college move-in and orientation at GAC. It's easy for me to reflect on this because I continue to go through orientation every year at the different school's that I have attended and worked for. My first day of college consisted of waking up and watching Princess Di's funeral on television before moving into "Co-Ed". Gustie Greeters, square dance, Dive night, opening banquet, purchasing textbooks (the first time I came close to crying that weekend), and other memories.

The past three days I have been busy with orientation and move-in. It should be completed, but I have about 40 residents who have yet to arrive. Since I have all returning students in my building, it would appear that the hours mailed to them and posted on the Internet for checking in don't apply to them. The picture below is of some of my RAs and some of my "Welcome Crew", students who arrive prior to orientation to assist with the move-in process.


There were more than a handful of U-Hauls and other trucks that made their way to my building. If there is one thing that students have a lot of today, it's stuff. I used to laugh about the families that pulled up with the hoarse trailers, but even those appear to be too small for some of my students.

A 57" TV? Why not! (I bet that everyone who reads this blog doesn't own a TV of that size, but one of my students does!)


After the second day of move-in, the Block Party is held outside some of the residence halls. The RDs got together to take a picture of all of us wearing our staff t-shirts. (I like mine the best.)

No comments: