Hal writes:
Before Anna and I leave Shell Lake to return to my parent's cabin in Minnesota, we were hoping to use Kat's computer to share some quick photos and stories. But, alas, the dial up connection is not cooperating with uploading photos, so you will have to wait until next week. (Or longer, if they have not turned on the ethernet in our new apartment.) But my fear is that, since I am the story teller, I will forget some of the adventures.
Like today, when Anna, Dale, Sandy and I went to The Potter's Shed for coffee and then spent time at the Museum of Woodcarving. Exciting adventures! (Well, it's not as exciting as Dale and I on ladder's with power tools, but Anna does not want me sharing Hal and Dal's home improvement adventures...)
But, as a bonus to anyone who may be checking, a new Sven and Ollie joke.
Sven was on a tropical cruise and was blown overboard. He survived on an island for 20 years. When he was rescued, he showed a reporter around the island. Not far from the beach, they came to three huts that were constructed. The two huts on the end each had a crossed erected on top that Sven had made by fastening some wood together. When asked about them Sven said, "Well, da hut in da middle is my home, and dat dere to the right of it is my lutheran church." When asked about the structure to the left with a cross, Sven sneered and said, "O, dat's the lutheran church I USED to go to."
The Abundant Life
-
An article I wrote about summer, busyness, and the abundant life that Jesus
intends for us.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment