Well, my wife left me. No, not like that. Anna left this morning for a two month internship in Indiana. In addition to her being gone for internships, there have been many times when we have been separated by distances during our relationship. During the time I lived in Illinois and Iowa, Anna was in Minnesota and Nicaragua. Needless to say, I lack in sympathy for some of my students who live "so far" (45 miles) from their significant other and "never get to see them" (see each other every weekend and sometimes during the week).
Our typical pattern of Christmas traveling occurred with drives to and from each set of parents houses. This year we were limited by time with a snow storm to start off the trip and then returning early to attend Matt and Molly's wedding in Iowa. Pictured below is my family together in Minnesota.
While in Wisconsin I had two opportunities to ski on groomed trails (as opposed to blazing my own the first few times I went out). On the second trip Dale not only had all three daughters on skis, but both his son-in-laws and both grandchildren out on the trail with him. Brian took the picture below of the "ski train" in the woods.Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos from Matt and Molly's wedding. It was held in a beautiful small chapel called Church of the Lance at the Living History Farms outside of Des Moines. Here is a special picture just for Rachael:
Last night we met friends in Galena, IL for New Years. After eating at a new restaurant, we went to a different pub and played card games for a while.

.jpg)
1 comment:
Is that a smashed Jordan Almond???
Post a Comment