Happy birthday to Anna! Our plans were to leave this morning and head north for Christmas, but the Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation strongly advised us otherwise. The snow isn't too bad where we are at, but the interstates and highways to the north are not traversal. So we are just waiting here to see if the weather changes.
Below is a nice holiday photo of the two of us. This was one of the better ones after several attempts earlier in the day did not turn out (Hal couldn't keep his eyes open facing the sun). The bridge behind us is the one that was placed next to my hall last May to allow students to walk to the other halls and the dining center.
One of my colleagues made ornaments for everyone else. She created eight dala horses for me to hang on my tree.
After finals, students are allowed to stay one more evening. I hosted a gathering for my RAs where we had baked spaghetti and played some games.
Yesterday Anna and I went with our friends Matt and Kim to the Wisconsin vs. Valparaiso basketball game in the Kohl Center. Prior to the game we ate at a restaurant where Matt and Kim went to before Matt proposed called Porta Bella. I had some delicious Manicotti and Anna enjoyed her favorite, portabella ravioli. But we saved room for nachos and ice cream at the game. Pictured below is Anna and I a few rows down from where our seats were located.
Anna wanted me to take a picture of the poor, lonely Valpo alumni. I'm guessing it was Valpo Alumni Honors night, so they found the one grad that had a GPA over 2.0. But nobody wearing red wanted to sit near him...
Valpo played well, but unfortunately the game last longer than four minutes. It was actually pretty close until the very end when they ended up in foul trouble and the Badgers actually started to make some free throws.
2 comments:
The shirts must stay in Plattville! Shame
Hmm...I take it you are not a Valpo fan...that is too bad...I happen to know many brilliant people who are Valpo Alumni and being that I went there as well I can say that out basketball program is something that has merit and we have been contenders in the Dance for several years...seeing that we only lost by 10 that game I would like to think our little school is doing quite well...I miss being in the stands watching them play...hope you guys had fun!!! Happy belated birthday Anna!!! Happy Holidays and Talk w.you guys soon!!!
Later, Liz
Post a Comment