Monday, May 14, 2007

A rare post from Anna....

Hello from Phoenix! After a REALLY busy semester, I thought I'd take a minute to write a quick note. As Hal has mentioned the last few weeks have been crammed with studying for practical exams and then comprehensive final exams. It's always nice to get settled in on clinicals because the evenings are free from books and studying. This is my Orthopedics rotation...which isn't the area that I enjoy the most in class. Hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise and I'll love it in the clinic. That's usually how it goes...things are alot more fun with real patients.

I wanted to post a few pictures from the semester:



First, in my Integumentary PT class we had to practice applying Unna Boots, a type of wound care dressing that dries hard like a cast. As you can see, it was fun and we gave the obligatory BIG smiles.


Second, these are my co-workers at Badger Brothers Coffee. We have SO MUCH FUN. I love working there, but had to take a "sabattical" for the end of the semester and summer. I'll start working there again in August. In the meantime, I already miss our fresh roasted beans....
Well, today I'm getting acclimated to the city. I'm going to drive out to my clinical site, find a Walmart to see if I can get a wireless card, and of course, find a Starbucks with WiFi. I think I'll probably lay by the pool some, too. :) Yesterday it was 102 outside, and for a minute I thought the thermometer was broken. Then I remembered I'm in the desert. It's supposed to be abouve 100 all week...

1 comment:

Jeff and Heidi said...

Have a great time in Phoenix! I am sure you will do great and have a ton of fun!!
~Heidi~