Tonight we gathered in Jen's hall to watch the #5 Badger men's basketball team take on #4 Ohio State. The direct path between my hall and Jen's is literally over the river and through the woods. For the most part, it was a pretty amazing walk. It was cold, so the stars were out in full force. (One of the reasons I know I am a Wisconsin man is that the boots I was wearing were camouflage, the only style in my size at the Farm and Fleet... or was it the Fleet and Farm?) There is construction to build a bridge between my hall and the residence hall side of campus, so I got to inspect that up close. One of the disheartening aspects is that a number of trees keep disappearing; not only for the bridge, but for the machines to create the bridge as well. Additionally, some of those trees were of significant value. As evidenced by the photo below, some of the trees that were taken out were specifically labeled as part of a trail walk. (The beam of light is from my dork light which I needed on in order to center the camera.)
The Badgers won the game! Pictured below was the fan base that was in badger apparel (the other 10 didn't get the memo). One nice thing about living in Wisconsin is that the Badgers do very well in athletics, so it's fun to cheer for winning teams. My apologies for the blurriness. I originally blamed Jason for it, but realized that I had the camera on an incorrect setting. But you get the idea...
No comments:
Post a Comment