Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Report

Hal writes:

This weekend Anna and I went shopping in Dubuque. I was able to spend some of my "birthday money" on toys, but most of it went towards scrapbooking supplies. KJ and Mike have inspired me to get back into scrapbooking after viewing their works of art. I joke about my birthday money because Anna is very good at making sure that I spend it on fun things. I used to just take the money I would receive from my birthday or other events and put it in the bank and it would eventually go towards gas, food, or other day to day items. But now I cash it and keep it in an envelope so I know that I can use it to buy fun things.

I just got off the phone with Jen who is up at her camp. Some of the RDs have been contemplating an RV trip to the Grand Canyon during spring break and after seeing a commercial to go to "gorving.com", I thought I should use her camp address to get the free DVD. She got it today and phoned to say hi, give me the camp update, and get the UWP gossip (nothing really to report).

There are some birds nesting just outside my apartment. Anna thinks it is too late in the year for baby birds, but I can hear them chirping in the next. I tried to get up close to get a picture of them, but Mama Bird would have nothing to do with that. Maybe when they venture out of the nest I can get a snap shot. Also outside my apartment are some bunnies running around and a blue jay has a nest near by. While I was running on the par course, I came within 10 feet of a deer before we both startled each other. If I could only get these animals in separate rooms in my hall, I could set up my own zoo: "Trapper Hal's Native Wisconsin Animal Conservatory". Mention that you're my friend and you get $10 off admission. Please don't feed the rat ape.

My mom just called as I was typing this. She bought a pontoon for the cabin. If you want a nice slow trip around Little Hanging Horn Lake this summer, just let me know.

In an earlier post I mentioned purchasing office furniture for the new hall. I placed the order today. Of course, I needed help with the colors, which I don't see very well. My office chair is "terra catta" and the guest chairs are "corn silk" and all the wood is done in an "English Oak" finish. Also, in happy news, all of the living room and bedroom furniture for the new apartment is complete and is waiting to be shipped as soon as the apartment is ready. I still feel bad about the price of everything, but I thank the Wisconsin tax payers for purchasing it and the Wisconsin criminals for building it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kevin Bergeson said...

My teeth have been noted to be the color of corn silk. I am jealous of the pontoon purchase. In Nevada, we have a Lake, but it was man made so it really doesn't count. the scary thing is that it's 100 feet down. that's a lot o'evaporation. Well, we do live in the desert. Birthday money is about as good as a birthday suit.