One of the unique things about living in on-campus housing for five years of marriage is that we actually own very little furniture. So, moving into our FIRST off campus home this summer meant we were in sudden need of EVERYTHING to furnish a house. We did well making good buys at garage sales and are satisfied with our furnishings, knowing that we aren't staying in this home permanently and these furnishings are temporary also. One thing we needed was a dresser, and rather than spend money, we bought one for $20 and I got to try my first re-finishing project. It was a lot of fun. The dresser was laquered, so I stripped it three times and thought that I had gotten most of the color, but I borrowed a power sander and was delighted to find that the color underneath was much lighter. This is a post-stripper, post-sander picture.
My new "favorite" power tool:
The whole dresser post-sanding. Beautiful!
Here is a picture to show the color I stained it. With new handles, and clear finish I am so pleased with how it turned out! Unfortunately, I didn't take a finished picture, so you'll have to come visit to see the finished product. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment