Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tulip Festival

This weekend Hal and I drove 2 hours north to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. We didn't really do any "festival" activities, rather spent the day driving through the valley stopping at fields to walk, take pictures, and enjoy the scenery. The weather called for rain all day, and while the day started out gray, it cleared up in the afternoon for a really nice day. It was a fun chance to use our camera: we took over 150 pictures while playing with the different settings. Riley came along for the fun too, and was exhausted by the time we got home. Here is a sampling of the pictures of the day:

Riley's favorite place to ride is in his "eagles nest" in the very back. He has a good view from there to make sure everything is ok while he relaxes.



There were acres and acres of tulips, there must have been millions of flowers. It was quite a sight!
Here is a field that had lots of different kinds of tulips in it:


We frolicked among the flowers...and a smart -alec man called me a "tulip super hero." Here I am off to help tulips in distress:
I am pretty sure Hal is entirely off the ground in this picture:
Hal and Viking Tulips.
More fields:
It was pretty cloudy and gray in the morning, but the color of the flowers stood out even more against the drab sky.
I really like the rouge tulips that grow outside of their color block.




The sky started to clear by the afternoon, and the blue sky was a great backdrop to the colorful flowers.





Random apple blossom:
Back to the tulips:


There were also fields and fields of daffodils, which I love.




3 comments:

VickiDela said...

AWESOME PICTURES!!!!

Jeremy said...

Riley is so cute.

I bet the flower smell was overwhelming. Next time you guys have to take scratch-and-sniff photos!

Anonymous said...

I love tulips!!! Such pretty photos and your hair looks adorable!