Hal writes:
Homecoming week tends to be a high-energy, multi-activity week for student affairs professionals. PLU had some great activities for the size of campus. The highlight of the week for me was hosting the Variety Show. I don't have any pictures yet, but hope to put up some photos (perhaps videos?) from my M.C. duties. At the end of the week PLU played my Alma Mater for the football game. Wanting to hedge my bets, I wore a GAC sweatshirt and a PLU t-shirt. I sat on the GAC side of the field and they won, so I kept the sweatshirt on the whole time. Picture below are some of my classmates from GAC that live in the WA/OR area that joined me for the football game.

The next week my parents came to visit. It just so happened I was also speaking in Chapel that week as well. My mom took this photo before Chapel as I was practicing my homily. I'm the short guy to the left of the cross. So, if I'm only looking that tall, imagine how big the organ is above my head.

One of the trips my parents made was to downtown Tacoma. The photo below is from the bridge on the way to the Museum of Glass with an example of some Chiluly art. I joined them later in the afternoon to go see the Tacoma Civil Rights Exhibit in the Washington History Museum.

And what trip to downtown Tacoma would not be complete without a trip to "Hello, Cupcake"?

On Saturday we took a trip up to Seattle. One of the highlights was taking the Underground Tour and learning about an old part of Seattle that is beneath the city streets. Unfortunately, Anna and I didn't take any pictures, but I know that my mom has some on her camera. And, of course, we went to the some fish getting tossed around the Public Market.

Watch out for the large seagulls!

520 feet to the top of the Space Needle. It took us 40 seconds by elevator. (I'm glad we didn't have to use the stairs.)

Mom and Dad at Anthony's Fish House.

Inside the restaurant.

Anna's in Portland this weekend for some ongoing PT training, but doesn't have the camera so there will be no photos. But she says it is a fun place!
2 comments:
We had a GREAT time visting Hal, Anna (& I guess Riley) :) ... They are a wonderful Host & Hostess... Thanks again... Love Mom & Dad PS ~ Wish I had a cupcake from Hello Cupcake right now...
So fun that you got to see Ali and some other Gusties out there! And, I am pretty sure I ate at Anthony's the one time I was in Seattle...I am remembering yummy halibut. :)
Post a Comment