Anna and I went to what would be the equivalent of a State Fair for Washington. Based on the geography of WA, there are three distinct regions of WA and each have their own fair. But the size of this fair ranks in the "top 5" size (up there with MN and TX) and is pretty much a State Fair.
On a tip from the locals, we drove a few miles from the fairgrounds where some friendly Kiwanis were giving shuttle trips to/from the fair from a Days Inn parking lot in a 1982 Ford 15-passenger van. It saved us time and money not having to fight with the traffic.
Some things to know about the fair we went to. First of all, mini-doughnuts do not exist. Crazy, right? Which leads me to believe this is one of the main reasons they are not considered a true state fair. They did have elephant ears, but it's just not the same. I had it in my mind that I was going to have a corn dog, but no such thing existed. Although their "crusty pups" were probably what I was looking for, I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on food that is specifically labeled "crusty". In addition to not having food on a stick, this fair is not known for any deep fried foods. Their staple item, since 1915, has been coffee and a scone. Here is a picture of Anna enjoying the treat. When in Rome...
So, Seattle is supposed to be the rainy area, right? Well, it has only rained twice since we moved out here three months ago. So, for you Midwesterners who want to come visit, the 10 day forecast calls for sunny skys, high of 78 and no humidity. Anna took advantage of today's warm weather to give Riley a haircut outside. I estimate 1/3 of his body weight has been cut off. If the PT thing doesn't work for Anna, she can always go into dog grooming.
1 comment:
The small farm display looks like a quilt... Very beautiful... I missed the fair this year... So no Teeny Weeny Donuts for me either... Love ya... Mom
Post a Comment