Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Old Apartment

Hal writes:

Rachel forwarded me an e-mail that linked to a web page of someone who took a tour of my old high school. A couple years ago a new high school was built and the one where I spent my 8th grade through graduation is being torn down. I selected just a couple of photos for my post, but if you want to see more click here.

Our tour begins in the gym. This is the location of phy ed classes, basketball games, graduation ceremonies, after proms and even a pinewood derby when I was a boyscout. The hole in the far wall is where they brought in large equipment to tear the place up.


The next photo I selected was from the auditorium. This was the place of Prairie Fire children's plays, many dance recitals that my sisters were in, and a number of choir performances. I most remember the area for the variety shows that I was involved in. There were other photos from the perspective of the audience looking at the stage, but I chose to post this picture because most of my memories of the place are walking out on stage and looking out to the audience.

French class was held here. You can see that Le Petit Prince made it through the last fresh coat of paint that was given to the room. There was a time when I was on the verge of really speaking and hearing French, but that time has passed. C'est domage. Je suis triste.


My dad's classroom. It hardly looks like his room without all the desks, cabinets, and other items on the wall.


I have three ideas as to who this may have belonged to, but I think it is fitting that this was found amidst the destruction.

No comments: