For those of you who watch "The Simpsons", read the title to this blog in the style of Comic Book Guy and you'll catch the meaning behind it. This week I met with around 30 of my students for conduct related matters. I have probably set both personal and UWP records for conduct for the first two weeks of school. Most of the situations dealt with alcohol, but there were a handful of Copywrite Violations as well (students downloading things they should not). All in all I was pretty tired by the end of the week. This weekend was spent mostly on the couch watching the DVDs of LOST (season 2). Last night Anna had some friends from the DPT program over for dinner (see photo below) and then we went to see comedians Hard and Phirm at the student center.

Another great day for football, but I didn't get to see any of it. Never mind that the Vikings are in overtime, the Fox station I pick up has to show the Packers game until the end. That's what I get for living in Wisconsin. Similar to when I lived in Illinois, I never knew if the Vikings game would be the one played or if I would have to sit at the computer watching the play by play via text through the NFL web site. I was enjoying the Colts game (and watching P. Manning get me some fantasy points) but after the Colts got ahead, they switched to another AFC game, so that wasn't appealing. At least when the Vikings play the evening games, I will be able to see them play (or when they play the Packers). Jim, the Packers did look good for the first quarter, I'll be curious to see if they can get the fans into the game when the weather turns cold and other teams wimp out as they play on the frozen tundra. Brett has the fire, Donald catches passes, and AJ was the surest thing in the draft, but that's not enough to win games.
I have been invited to be a guest lecturer in one of Anna's classes in the near future. Should she address me as "Mr. D" or "Mr. Sweetheart" when I go teach her class? ;) I will talking about learning styles and tying it to the PT profession. It's a subject I enjoy talking about so it should be fun. No honorarium though, I'm just doing this out of the goodness of my heart.
1 comment:
your honorarium will be driving to Saint paul and sleeping in a cramped apt with a DRA, and learning the meaning honor. I wish learning styles were incorporated at the sem, right now it's just sit and stay awake. I dare you! Oh my.
Post a Comment