Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Tale of Two Families

Hal writes:

The alternate title to this blog could be "A Residence Hall Thanksgiving". Anna and I have hosted Thanksgiving the past couple of years, but this is the first time our families have merged for Thanksgiving since Thanksgiving 2003, shortly after Anna and I were engaged. I have more photos than what is included below, but I can only fit so many on to the blog before I publish it.


We'll start off with a group picture. In the picture avoe you have myself and Anna (Platteville, WI), my parents (Two Harbors, MN), Lindsay (Chicago, IL), Beth (Springfield, MA), Dale (Suisun, CA), Sandy (Shell Lake, WI), Jay and Tabby (Twin Cities, MN), and Kat (Duluth, MN). We literally had people from across the country join us for the holiday.


Traditionally, carts like the one pictured above are used to assist with students moving in the hall at the beginning of the year. I used it to bring the food for the feast from our apartment to the multipurpose room.
Although the table cloth did not quite reach the edge of the table, we had enough space to eat from and Anna was able to use a lot of her china. Food was set up on side tables and it made for an easier "get up and get it yourself" buffet style for eating. In addition to the wonderful food, Dale brought some wine from California. (Don't worry, everyone was of legal age to consume alcohol and the RAs didn't have to stop by because we weren't being too noisy.)

Since Anna and I claimed our apartment to watch "CSI", the "Grey's Anatomy" group watched their show movie theater style in the lobby area on the large plasma screen TV.


Turkey make Jay sleepy...

Today we all went to Galena for some shopping (excpet Jay and Tabby had to go back home yesterday). The rest of my family went to Chicago and everyone else will be leaving tomorrow morning. That way Anna can get back to her homework and I can... well... I guess I can eat leftovers and fall asleep watching football this weekend.

1 comment:

Jeff and Heidi said...

Anna - your dad lives so close to where Jeff and I live!! If you are ever out visiting him - let me know!! It is probably only an hour away!!